Benedictine Lay Volunteer Program
Catholic women, ages 19 to 58. No dependents.
- Good health and willingness to participate in community life.
- Commitment to daily prayer and participation in Eucharist and common meals.
- Participation in periodic evaluations.
Length of Service:
Can vary from two weeks to five months, during late May through September.
Community housing at the monastery site.
Room and board provided; small stipend if needed. Volunteers provide their own transportation to and from the monastery.
Types of Placement:
- Serving the local community
- Gardening and yard work
- Ministering to area youth and elderly
- Participating in 4-week “Around the World” Youth Program (June)
- Assisting with food preparation
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Helping with outreach to Native American children and Hispanic people
- Participating in 1-week day camp for Native American children (July or August)
To foster the personal and spiritual development of the volunteer, by offering her the opportunity to experience Benedictine prayer, spirituality, community life and service to God’s people.
The program provides the volunteer an opportunity to come to a deeper understanding of God’s unique call in her own life, and also to discern a possible call to religious life.
For more information, please contact;
Sister Rose Palm
110 28th Ave SE #302
Watertown, SD 57201